Your pathway to healthy food, ethics, beer, and how these things can (and should!) come together in daily life.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Blueberry Banana Pie


I made this awesome pie for Derrick's Birthday.

It's pretty easy. No oven involved. Perfect for summer. It involves a fresh blueberry sauce, Banana pudding, and a raw crust of medjool dates, pecans, and brown sugar. Serve with fresh whipped cream.

We'll start on the crust. Easy peasy.
Just blend 2 cups of pecans, 5 dates, and 2 tablespoons together and press into an oiled pan. I think parchment paper would have worked well too.

Next make some vanilla pudding. I used this recipe and added 2 chopped bananas.
Finally, I cooked down a pint of blueberries with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.

Serve with a scoop of whipped cream. I like to pour cream into a jar with a lid, and add sugar to taste. Then I shake the jar until it's whipped.

And you end up with awesomeness. It's almost healthy. Kind of.
Happy pie making...

No comments:

Post a Comment